Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

Photobucket

"Thank.
You.
Lord!
In three separate sentences, just like that.
The rain’d washed the glass clean and bright as a Christmas bulb, and now I could see that, at the tip of the windows where they arched up, the panes were colored red, and yellow, and green."

Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate

13 comments:

  1. Good one!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... and makes me wonder just what the rest of the landscape looks like.

    My teaser is up today featuring Xhex's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute TT. It makes me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover gets my attention every time, perfect teaser, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this book around it looks so good I want to read it, and I also love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I like the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep wondering what the guy she's looking at (on the cover) looks like. Interesting teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I need to read this one too. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! Thanks for posting it. Now I want to read the book!

    Here's my teaser, spoken by a five-year-old, from the book Mormon Mishaps and Mischief by D.N. Giles and C.L. Beck:

    The early bird won't eat all the worms. I licked one before and it didn't even taste like anything.

    Oh yeah, you have to laugh (and shudder) over that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, one more thing. I have a great giveaway going on, and the prize is a year’s free advertising in an online newsletter that goes to thousands of readers across the globe. You can advertise products/books/homemade items/your blog/you name it!

    If you get a minute, Emma, (and everyone else) stop by my blog and enter! You could advertise your blog/book if you won! :)

    Or maybe post your boyfriend/hubby/kids/siblings for sale! (Well, not really, but it's a funny thought.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the cover of this book!!
    I have something for you on my book blog blog
    http://clutterboxread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting teaser! Here is mine: http://tampabookworm.blogspot.com/2010/05/where-are-you-and-teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete