Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Espressologist Review

Yes, I realize that I am not sticking to my old favorites for this review and am a little off schedule because today was supposed to be Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce but I just read this book yesterday and loved it so wanted to get to share it with you all and will be back to my normal reviewing soon! Hope you all are doing well!

Photobucket
NewEspressologist Cover Pictures, Images and Photos

Novel: The Espressologist
Author: Kristina Springer
Pages: 184 (hardcover)
Genre: YA (Fantasy)

Photobucket

What’s your drink of choice?
Is it a small pumpkin latte? Then you’re lots of fun and a bit sassy. Or a medium Americano? You must prefer simplicity in life. Or perhaps it’s a small decaf soy-free hazelnut caffe late? Some might call you yuppie.

Seventeen-year-old barista Jane Turner has this theory that you can tell a lot about a person by their regular coffee drink. She scribbles it all down in a notebook and calls it Espressology. So it’s not a totally crazy idea when Jane starts hooking up some of her friends based on their drink orders. Like her friend, Em, a medium hot chocolate, and Cam, a toffee nut latte. But when her boss, Derek, gets wind of Jane’s Espressology, he makes it an in-store holiday promotion, promising customers their perfect matches for the price of their favorite coffee. Things are going better than Derek could ever have hoped, so why is Jane so freaked out? Does it have anything to do with Em dating Cam? She’s the one who set them up! She should be happy for them, right?

In Kristina Springer’s frothy, sweet debut, a young woman unwittingly starts a love and latte craze that readers will savor.
(From inside flap of book. Yes, I enjoyed this book enough to open the book and type it in myself.)

Photobucket
(I will not be posting any spoilers! Only opinion for the sake of those of us who love to have our first look at a book be untainted by foreknowledge.)
I fell in love with this book without even realizing it. I was looking for a, easy read to get my mind off of other things and I got a coffee filled adventure of romance. Normally I don’t like this type of novel. Every once in a while I will like something that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling but more often than not if it is realistic it might not be my thing, though I am open to reading anything. I ended up really enjoying this and even enjoying the pop culture references. They refer to things that most other novels wouldn’t because it isn’t what would be considered an important detail but our main character loves those details because they are what got her started with Espressology. This novel kept me laughing and loving it! I am truly impressed with Krinstina Springer’s debut!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Would I suggest you read it:

Yes! I almost never enjoy this type of book but I found myself falling in love with this novel! I would suggest it to anyone. Especially, someone looking for a frothy romance or a bit of pumpkin spice in their reading.

Book website:
http://www.espressologist.com/

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a cute concept for a novel - we all need that 'purely for fun' read every now and then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely. That is part of why I enjoyed this one so much. It was just so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reviews and layout! Thank you so much for visiting. You have a lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't usually read this type of book either but you make it sound worthwhile. Great review.

    I agree with Juju. Your blog is a pleasure to look at and read!

    We appreciate your comments and hope you can participate in the reading challenge, or just visit from time to time.

    Make sure you enter our current contests (2010 New Moon Calendar and the Glee Soundtrack) and look for our MegaBook Giveaway which will be announced soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. been meaning to read this one for the longest. love the heart in the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so cute! It's going on my TBR list right now.

    ReplyDelete