Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review: My Soul to Keep

Photobucket

Photobucket

Novel: My Soul to Keep
Author: Rachel Vincent
Pages: 304
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy

Photobucket

Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.
Until something does.
Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.
And so is someone else…


Photobucket
(I will not be posting any spoilers! Only opinion for the sake of those of us who love to have our first look at a book be untainted by foreknowledge.)

I have already been hooked on this series since My Soul to Take and read each of the three novels before this one, including the free e-book from Rachel Vincent’s website. Let me state, I did not see this coming! I am both in awe and yes somehow horrified. It was brilliant and my emotions are so mixed up right now. I can’t say too much without giving anything away and I don’t want to spoil the surprises but let me just say, you just might find yourself in complete shock! I know I still am. This novel somehow managed to make all of the characters more real for me, more human in both wonderful and horrifying ways. Let me say it also makes me really proud of Kaylee and may have made me fall for Tod just a little bit. I can hardly wait to see what will happen next!

Photobucket

5 Stars!

Would I suggest you read it:

Amazing book that is a must read for all Rachel Vincent and Soul Screamer fans! Completely series altering in a way that I am sure will really make the series shine in the next novel which I will be waiting for most impatiently.

Photobucket

(This novel was received through netGalley. This does not change my stance, opinion or effect my views in any way.)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this book before, but after reading that they were banshees I've definitely decided to add it to the wishlist on my Nook. What are the other books in the series and what order are they in? I hate accidently starting a series right in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this book before, but I've put this series on my "to read" list. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soul screamers series by Rachel Vincent:

    Prequel:
    My Soul to Lose (free e-book on her site)

    Series:
    My Soul to Take
    My Soul to Save
    My Soul to Keep (newly released)

    Future Release:
    My Soul to Steal

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading this post, I am adding these books to my list!! You did an incredible job of reviewing them without giving away too much. Wonderful post and blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good review, the book is added to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I can't wait to read this one. And BIG CONGRATS to you on your own book. It looks great and sounds like something I'm going to loooove!
    We are now following you and have hopped over from the bloghop! - Jessica

    ReplyDelete