Saturday, June 15, 2013

Anna Silver Interview Part 2

To see the first half of this interview stop by

Hello Anna and welcome to my personal blog! 
 
Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?
Free time? You mean, I’m supposed to get free time??? Ha ha! No, I love painting as well. Oils. But it’s time consuming for me and I haven’t been at my easel much these days.
 
Is there one book that has had an impact on not only your writing, but on you personally?
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. It scared the ever-loving crap out of me and made me take my rights a lot more seriously. Also, The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. She showed me that dedication to the sacred feminine was possible.
 
Tell us something most people don’t know about you!
I’m a massive introvert. I’m not shy. And I’m actually quite curious about people. I enjoy good company and I’m a communicator. I like to make people laugh. I think sometimes it gives the impression of being extroverted. But I actually need time to myself the same way I need food and sleep. If I don’t get it, I kind of crater physically and emotionally and it gets pretty messy. I’ve learned the hard way to give myself what I need.
 
Is there anything you’d like to go back one year and tell yourself?
You’re about to get your first break. Don’t freak out. Just sign.

When you were growing up, what did you want to be?
An author. I swear. I’ve been saying it since I was in second grade and Mrs. Maddox read Howliday Inn to the class and did all the character voices. I knew right away, it wasn’t enough to follow the stories. I wanted to create them.
 
When you are reading, what makes a character compelling to you? Is it the same aspects that make a character you are writing compelling?
Absolutely. I love conflicted characters, the ones who are a swirling internal vortex of maddening feels. I like my good guys with a dose of bad and my bad guys with a dose of good. I just think it’s more exciting and more believable. And I write my characters like that too. Nobody is ever as black and white as they seem. Not in my stories.

Thank you so much for stopping by!


Find out more about Anna and Otherborn!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific interview!

    As to your answer about free time... that term must surely be rumor or conjecture... who has free time?

    ReplyDelete