Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Trailer Thursday: Pinelight by Jillian Peery

Here comes Book Trailer Thursday!

Every Thursday we (all who wish to join and the wonderful host http://quillcafe.blogspot.com/) welcome everyone to join us in celebrating the awesomeness that is book trailers.

To participate, on a Thursday you post an entry in your blog with an embedded book trailer of your choice (note: the trailer can be fan made but please no movie trailers of book adaptations) with your thoughts and comments underneath. It can be a book you have read, want to read or have never even come across before.

My book trailer for this week is...

Pinelight



Okay, you might be thinking the same thing I did when I first heard the title Pinelight. Pinelight.. light... twi... hmmm...
BUT STOP THERE!

I have started reading (thanks to this beautiful trailer) and DON'T LET YOURSELF NIX IT FOR BEING SCARED it might be another twilight. I can tell you, even though I am not all the way through yet *stares at e-reader but must finish post first* it is not a copy cat. So far I actually think it is better and I am saying that as someone who really enjoyed twilight and even goes to see the movies. The voice is both emotional and lyrical. Oh wait... I am supposed to be talking about the trailer. opps. See! That is how much I am enjoying it... I am actually gushing on a trailer post instead of a review!

Trailer time now: I love the voice and the song in the background. I also like that it wasn't from the leads perspective because when you are reading you are taking a journey with her which normally doesn't mean listening to her talking but hearing other talk through her ears/eyes. Normally I would actually have the opposite reaction but the characters voice is so emotional and relate-able and a certain character I will not name in the beginning is sooo addictive you just want him to come back over and over again even though you know you shouldn't. That is what I loved about Rahl in The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind and somehow she not only captured that same feeling but also made it something different and even more addictive. AHHH This is turning out to basically also be a review!I better tie it up before I start overflowing with book love.

Overall, LOVE the trailer and it made me buy the book that it turns out I am falling in love with.Yeayness!

Only $0.99 which in my opinion is a total steal for this book and a HUGE plus!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought PineLight only a few days ago! I've read the sample and it seems fantastic. Can't wait to get to it...

    And, that book trailer is awesome...

    ReplyDelete