Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Ghost and the Goth

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:

This “thing” was the reason I knew Alona Dare hadn’t committed suicide, no matter what the rumors were. When you killed yourself, all the negative energy – the sadness, the self-loathing, the fear and the desperation – remained.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade – page 67

9 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! I have been looking at this book but haven't had a chance to read it yet. My adult teaser is from Dead by Midnight by Carolyn Hart and my young adult teaser is from In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of true, isn't it?!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by for your TT. check mine out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this book today! Because I've seen a bunch of people talking about it online lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser!

    I've read several reviews of this book--I'll have to get around to reading it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read... thx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi All! this is my FIRST Teaser Tuesday - I have resolved to be more diligent about my blogging and have a huge stack of books - read and ready for reviews...link to my Teaser Tuesday post!

    http://booksreadingitall.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-black.html

    Robyn Hawk
    Teen/YA Author Wrangler
    for the largest Children's Book Festival in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the teaser. I have heard a lot about the book but haven't read it. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very intriguing. A good enough excerpt to but on the jacket flaps.

    Here's my Teaser Tues:

    http://hilarywgraham.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/teaser-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete