Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Trailer Thursday: The Sweet Far Thing

Here comes Book Trailer Thursday!

Every Thursday we (all who wish to join and the wonderful host http://quillcafe.blogspot.com/) welcome everyone to join us in celebrating the awesomeness that is book trailers.

To participate, on a Thursday you post an entry in your blog with an embedded book trailer of your choice (note: the trailer can be fan made but please no movie trailers of book adaptations) with your thoughts and comments underneath. It can be a book you have read, want to read or have never even come across before.

My book trailer for this week is...
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray

This is my all time favorite book trailer. It has everything I love in a book trailer, it actually talks mildly about plot while creating suspense, it is actual video instead of stills which is always a plus, the characters are actually matched with the acting and overall it is visually stunning. Plus, the characters don’t look studio perfect, they look like everyday people you could imagine having gone to school with making it feel different than so many book trailers where every character shown is stereotype picture perfect. Overall, my very favorite book trailer and one that while older is still ahead of its time. This trailer fascinated me and by doing so really made me able to believe that book trailers have a serious future in the publishing industry. Let’s face it, most of us love YouTube giving it the possibility to be a priceless tool for publishers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma, thanks for stopping by my blog I'm a new follower.
    And great choice of trailer, The Sweet Far Thing is one of my favorite books and watching that just made me want to reread it.

    ReplyDelete